- repair of the goods free of charge or
- free replacement of the goods with an equivalent article (if necessary also a successor model, if the original goods are no longer available).
Please contact the guarantor in case of a warranty claim via firstname.lastname@example.org
Warranty claims are excluded in case of damage to the goods due to
- misuse or improper handling
- environmental influences (humidity, heat, overvoltage, dust etc.)
- non-observance of any safety precautions
- non-observance of the operating instructions
- use of force (e.g. impact, shock, falling)
- unauthorized repair attempts
- normal wear and tear
A claim under the warranty requires that the guarantor is enabled to examine the warranty claim by sending in the goods. In this case, it must be ensured that damage during transport is avoided by using appropriate packaging. To make a claim under the warranty, you must enclose a copy of the original invoice with the consignment of goods. Please understand that the manufacturer may refuse to provide warranty service without this copy of the invoice. The sending of the invoice copy serves for the calculation of the warranty period. Furthermore, you must provide the name and address of the seller, if this is not clear from the enclosed copy of the invoice.
If it is a legitimate warranty claim, the warranty processing for you freight prepaid. Any shipping costs you may have paid will then be reimbursed by the guarantor.
Your legal rights against us from the purchase contract concluded with us are not limited by this warranty promise in any way. In particular, any existing statutory warranty rights against us remain unaffected by this warranty promise.
If the purchased item is defective, you can therefore always claim against us under the statutory warranty, regardless of whether a warranty case exists or the warranty is invoked.